Cleaning Laptops and Tower Computers

The best way to clean your laptop or tower keyboard is to turn it over and shake the dust out of it then run the vacuum brush over it. If you have sticky keyboards, you can simply clean them with a damp cloth and small toothbrush. I recommend a dry toothbrush, so you don't get underneath the keys wet.

Have a policy of not eating when you are near your computer. This prevents a lot of costly mishaps. If you spill something on it, get it up immediately. If it is a large amount of liquid, try drying it with a hair dryer. Keyboards have a protective layer underneath but that doesn't mean it will keep your electronics working.

To clean your screen, simply use a damp cloth. Dry immediately. Take the time to vacuum the back of your tower as well. It gets dirt in it and can stop your fan from cooling which leads to greater problems. Hope this helps someone along the way.

Source: My husband works on computers.

By Gem from VA

I have been told by computer gurus to never get a vacuum anywhere near a computer especially the tower. It can create a magnetic field which can shoot your computer down.

If you think your keyboard is done in because it is too dirty, got stuff in it - try the dishwasher. I washed three keyboards in the dishwasher and was able to reclaim two of them. You just have to make sure that they are good and dry (set aside for a couple of days before plugging them in).

I use a dampened microfiber cloth to dust my monitor. Then I use the sticky edge of a postit between the keys on my keyboard. Follow this with the same cloth to dust the keyboard.

If you are using a vacuum on it YOU ARE asking for problems! Vacuums can cause static and short out internal computer comments. If anyone suggest that you do this is just plain silly and does not know what they are talking about. If you have done this you are just plain lucky!

Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard
Computers RepairJuly 12, 2011
Woman Recycling Her Old Cell Phone
Recycling Your Old Cell Phones And Computers
crochet hook storage tower
Making a Crochet Hook Storage Tower
Saving Money on Computers
Laptop Computer
Finding Free Laptops for Students