Great Places to Rent a Cabin

My husband and I have our 20th wedding anniversary coming up. We would like to get away for 4-5 days somewhere here in the United States. We were thinking maybe a cabin or somewhere all inclusive. Do you have any ideas or know of somewhere in your area that might be a great place to go?

Thank you.
Stacy from El Paso, IL

My husband and I rented a cabin in Maine for our honeymoon. It was secluded and very peaceful, yet close enough to towns to go shopping and sightseeing. Try www.mainevacationrentals.com

I would suggest Eureka Springs Arkansas, or Branson Missouri. Beautiful, and lots of outlet shopping. There are also fun shows and dinner theatres.

My husband and live in southwest Missouri and have stayed at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs. It's supposed to be haunted! A great place to visit. For a more laid-back stay, we've also stayed at the Sky-Vue Lodge in the Boston Mountains of Arkansas. It's on the highest point of Highway 71 in Arkansas. Our cabin's back deck overlooked a valley and the mountains beyond. It was absolutely beautiful. We woke early to catch the sunrise over the deck and got some awesome pictures. The next morning we had breakfast in the main building where we shared a table with another couple. Their website is http://www.skyvuecabins.com/

gatlinburg tennessee or pigeon forge tennessee.....awesome......

when my family wants to get away, we like to go to upper Michigan. Mackinaw Island is great. You can take a boat to the island or stay at Mackinaw City or St. Ignace. Lots of shops. Machinaw Island has no autos, only bikes or horses. Tours are done by horse drawn carriages.

We love a place called "Hidden Mountain Resort" in Sieverville (sp?), TN. It is awesome. It's near Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. It's where Dollywood is located. The cabins are cleaned daily by the staff. They come around in a golf cart. You have a pool, etc., but when you are in your cabin they are situated in a way in which you can't see the other cabins. Very private. Ours had a screen-in porch with a hot tub and a jaccuzi in the master bathroom off the bedroom. Also, another porch with rocking chairs. Very romantic, very peaceful and very quaint. Happy Anniversary!! We are celebrating our 26th ourselves this year!!

GALENA ILLINOIS IS GREAT. WE USUALLY RENT A HOUSE AND STOP BY THE GROCERY STORE FOR FOOD. MOST OF THE HOUSES HAVE A JACUZZI ON THE DECK. YOU TAKE MOVIES YOU'VE BEEN MEANING TO WATCH AND MUSIC AND BOOKS. THERE IS A CASINO NOT FAR. WE FELL IN LOVE ALL OVER AGAIN.

One of the nicest places I have ever rented a cabin is in Texas - It's called The Pecan Farm (and has a website you can check out) Thepecanfarm.com, I think. Cabins are on a pecan farm and at the edge of the Frio river and you can see a herd of deer grazing in the evenings. It is not far oustide San Antonio, Texas in a tiny town called Leakey.

for a culture shock and a totally different scenery, i recommend Bar Harbor Maine. it's on the coast and near Acadia National Park/ Cadilac Mtn. it's where the ocean meets the mountains, beautiful, serene, lots of wildlife, otters, seals, eagles, whales, porpoise, road side lobster stands everywhere. you can rent a fully equipped 2rm/ 1 bath cabin for 50. per night. all linens and utensils included. just bring your own toiletries. has local cable, telephone, electricity, indoor plumbing, etc. i would recommend going before labor day though, as it gets mighty cold after that.

There are many places in Colorado. Estes Park is great, or Green

Mountain Falls west of Colo Springs, many other places.

Check out The Red Corral Ranch in Wimberley, TX. Their web address is: www.redcorralranch.com. My husband and I went there for a weekend get-away a couple of years ago and it was wonderful. We stayed at the Stillpoint Cabin, and the loft bedroom was magical! It is in the middle of a pasture that looks like a prairie and you feel like you are the only two people on earth. Wimberley is nearby and has cute shops and resaurants and is home to an artist colony (not to mention The Wimberley Pie Factory :-) We arranged for a massage at the cabin when we arrived, and it got us to change gears and relax. We truly felt time slow down and stand still for us during that weekend.

I also love Gatlinburg, TN. I'm not sure where you live in Illinois, but we drove there from southeast Iowa and it took us a less than a day to get there.

Travel and Recreation TravelApril 15, 2007
Old Cabin
Removing Odors from Cabin
A couple renting a car.
Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
Collecting Rent Money
Collecting Rent from Former Tenant
Sticky note reminder to pay the rent.
Rent Assistance for a Low Income Family
🎉
🎄