Remedies for Bee Stings

Snuff is great for soothing bee and fire ant stings. Snuff may be a little hard to find; I use to buy it at the cigarette counter, but it is not longer available in my area. Find a friend in the South and they probably can find it for you.

Immediately, when you get stung, wet your hand, dip it in snuff, and rub vigorously. Reapply several times. This is pretty messy, so use over a floor than can be cleaned or outdoors. The pain goes away immediately. I have used this for over forty years. It has even worked with people who are highly allergic to bee stings.

I learned about this from an elderly pest control man. He had a customer who had been stung by a large number of bees. He went to the hospital and was told to be careful not to get stung again as he would die. My pest control man told him about snuff. When he did get stung again, used the snuff, and did not have an allergic reaction. Please use your Epi Pen for allergic reactions, but this will help too.

By Lucy C. from Marathon, FL

I know several people who are allergic to bee stings, bad enough to go into anaphalactic shock. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely pass it along!

Carpenter bee on a flower.
Home Remedies for Bee Stings
Health & Beauty Home RemediesJune 28, 2010
Homemade Bee Repellents
Bee Trap
Making a Bee Trap
Mosquito Bites
Treating Insect Bites and Stings
Bumble Bee on a flower.
Getting Rid of Underground Bumble Bee Nest
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 5:05:46 PM on in 999 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.