Flying Ants

Does anyone have a remedy for tiny flying ants that are swarming one of my windows in the bedroom I rent in a shared house? My landlord refuses to do anything about it (that's another story). I get about 60-80 little flying ants about 5 or 6 PM each evening that fly around any lights when they're turned on, and are gone the next morning.

They're not termites - they have a pinched body. I don't think they're carpenter ants as they're tiny and have wings. Would Borax work, and if I sprinkle it in my room is it safe to sleep there as well? And it's very humid here - would Borax ruin the wood windowsills if I sprinkled it around the window that they congregate around?

Thanks for any help, I am really being driven crazy for now and am looking for a new place to live, but won't be able to move out for another month.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Honestly, I do not think that there is anything that can be done. That is nature. Ants live everywhere and it would be impossible to kill them all. I'd just shut the window since you know when they appear. After you turn the lights off, then reopen the window.

The same type thing happened here last week but it was only 2 nights. I own my condo. The association has a pest man coming out tomorrow to look at my walls or something. I think they were termites. They had wings. The weird thing was first I found a real bull ant crawling on my leg, yucky. Then when I was checking, there were no more of his kind.I found about 10 of these flying things. I sprayed ant and roach spray. I haven't seen anymore.

Cornmeal a thin line, they pick it up to feed their colonies. Great thing is the cornmeal swells up and kills them.

Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
Home and Garden Pest Control AntsJune 18, 2008
Driving vs. Flying
Driving vs. Flying
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:34:39 AM on 10.0.2.254 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.