Pine Cone Centerpiece
If you have pinecones in your yard or know where you can get them free, then this is the project for you. Use them to make an interesting and good smelling table decoration.
- pine cones of various sizes ( enough to fill your container)
- basket or other decorative container
- ribbon for bow
- red paint
- green paint
- gold paint
- potpourri oil (I prefer cinnamon scent but choose your favorite)
- plastic bag
- Take about 4-5 or about 1/4 of the pinecones and place them in the plastic bag.
- Pour the scented oil over them and close them up tightly overnight. Turn the bag a few times. Turning the bag helps distribute the oil. It also lets any extra drip off. Put this aside.
- Pick out a variety of sizes and paint some of the cones red, some green, and some gold. Let the paint dry, usually 24 hours. You can leave them all solid colors or you can dip the edges of the green and red ones in the gold paint. You are aiming for a variety of shapes and colors here.
- You should have some cones left just plain.
- After the paint is dry and the oil had had time to soak in, just place all of them (painted, scented, and plain) in the basket. Try to distribute the colors and sizes evenly.
- Attach a bow and you have a simply made table decoration that smells as good as it looks!
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 9, 20050 found this helpful
You could also add glittery touches to your pinecones. As a child, my mom use to paint the top and tips w/white paint to look like snow, and added a little glitter to some of them. W/the white puffy paint avail today, it might look even more like snow!
December 10, 20050 found this helpful
That is really gorgeous! I love that! It's amazing how great you can make something look and at so cheap a price!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 22, 2016 at 6:23:17 PM on 10.0.2.230 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us