I am looking for a jacket pattern using woven throws or blankets.
1. Lay the blanket on a flat surface. Cut out two pieces of fleece that are each as wide as the widest part of your torso and long enough to reach from your collar bone to your hips.
2. Lay the two pieces directly on top of each other. Sew up the long sides of the fabric, leaving the top 6 inches of each side open for the armholes. Cut a "J" shape from each armhole to allow for more room for the shoulders.
3. Sew the top of the jacket together, leaving 6 inches open in the middle for the collar. Cut out a semi-circle at the front of the collar to make more room for the neck.
4. Cut the front of the jacket open all the way down the middle. Start at the middle of the collar and end at the bottom of the jacket.
5. Fold under the collar and the bottom of the jacket 1/4 inch. Sew the folds in place, tucking the raw edge of the fabric under as you sew.
6. Sew a zipper into the front opening of the jacket or use big buttons and make button holes on the other side, or even just make a belt and tie it together.
7. Cut out two pieces of fleece that are each 12 inches wide and long enough to reach from your shoulder to your wrist. Round off one of the shorter edges of each piece. These will form the sleeves.
8. Fold one sleeve piece in half, bringing the longer sides together. Sew the long sides together (opposite the fold).
9. Sew the curved end of the sleeve to the armhole in the jacket, with the middle of the curve at the top. Repeat this process with the second sleeve.
10. Fold the sleeve openings under 1/4 inch and iron the folds in place. Fold the fabric under 1/4 inch again and sew the fold into place. Turn the jacket right side out.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!