Getting Rid of Ants in Potted Plants

I have a large pot outside with several kinds of plants in it, I just discovered it is full of small black ants. When I moved the pot, the ant "holes" were all under where the pot has been sitting for quiet awhile. Does anyone know how to get rid of these little devils without killing my plants or having to dump the entire pot? Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

By Harden from NC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Sprinkle in a little cinnamon.

I wouldn't use cinnamon on the soil. I tried that and it killed my plant.

I have had good luck with cinnamon. Just sprinkle it on top of the soil and they should leave.

first I lifted up my plant and was grossed out. I've been spraying with HOT SHOT ant spray, so I soaked the ground with ivory and water then dawn with water and finally cinnamon. The cinnamon seemed to do it.

Ant on a leaf.
Getting Rid of Ants in Outdoor Potted Plants
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlApril 25, 2011
Getting Rid of Ants
Getting Rid of Ants
Ants on a Trumpet Vine
Keeping Ants Off a Trumpet Vine
spoonful of sugar
Can You Use Sugar Contaminated By Ants?
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:36:47 AM on 10.0.1.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.