Removing Soap Scum from a Bath Tub or Shower

How do you clean built up shower soap scum?

By Kim from Cedar Rapids, IA

http://www.greased-lightning.com/

Most of the dollar stores sell this product and follow directions on the bottle.

"The Works" for showers and tubs is great as well.

I have used everything, and I mean everything, ever posted on ThriftyFun and nothing has worked completely. My son is a glazier (glasswork). He told me the only thing he has found is to spray the shower with something like Tylex Soap Scum remover, rub/even out (with your hands) the Tylex over the soap scum, wait a minute or so and then diligently go over every inch with a single-sided razor. You can make razor up-and-down strokes about a 6" swipe. Rinse down really well and dry everything. This is the only thing that has ever worked for me to get it "new" cleaned. I'm talking about glass shower doors. The first person caught not using a squeegee is the next person that cleans the shower doors! My shower doors do not have a coating applied by the manufacturer.

Want to make it clear on my previous post that I'm talking about glass shower doors, not the shower stall itself.

I use a generic magic eraser and Lime Away. I keep the eraser in the shower and wipe down the glass doors and trim every day and after my shower I rinse clean. Then once or twice a month I spray it down and wipe again. Good luck with that.

I use plain old Comet and a little elbow grease. Works like a charm on glass and tub!

Comet on a plastic tub? Wouldn't that scratch the plastic?

I do housecleaning as a part time business and feel I can't tell my clients to use liquid soap or a squeegie to make my job easier. I'm trying to find a solution for one of my clients' messy shower screens. I'm only asked to clean it every 6 weeks or so. I like the sound of the white vinegar method so might try that, together with the shampoo and Magic Eraser. I'd never heard of fabric softener sheets, apparently they are banned in Australia because of some dangerous content in them.

cleaning a tub
Removing Soap Scum from a Plastic Tub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 6, 2011
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Toddler with bubbles on hair and end of nose.
Homemade Bubble Bath Recipes
Shower Enclosure
Cleaning a Shower Enclosure
Shower Power Cleaner
Buying Shower Power Cleaner
🎉
🎄