Finding An Old Friend

I am trying to locate a friend of mine that I stayed with in San Angelo in 1984. We also worked together at McDonalds. Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

By Taronda from Houston, TX

Depending on how much you know of the person you can try or One of them is pretty much free.

You could go to Facebook and do a search there for her.

I found a site called where you can search for free. It shows names of people who are deceased, year etc. also who might have lived with that person. However, I looked for 2 of my friends from the service days and found that they were deceased. Bummer, so be prepared as you might find out something you didn't want to know.

Another site is

Facebook and MySpace are both good. If you don't have any luck contact me @ murphthejo AT & I may be able to help. I have done adoption searches & reunited around 35 families & those I start with no names.

The sites most people listed are not free. If searching Facebook doesn't work, try mentioning in your own status update whom you're searching for and ask folks to have him/her contact you. I just tried it, hope it works.

Thanks everyone, but it is a guy and I really need to find him. He had a sister that was older than him and I remember she had cancer. He had a friend named John. John was Mormon.

January 8, 2011 Flag

How do I find an old friend?

Finding an Old Friend

Do the reverse go to the White pages on the Internet and input your friend's first, middle, and last name. Cross reference with his parents names as well. Then check the marriage records in the state she or he lives. You should find your friend no problem. (04/07/2007)

By Tanya39

Finding an Old Friend

I found a lot of friends through searching Myspace. You need an account of your own to search (just need an email: they only send you mail when friends are contacting you). This way people can find you (or you them) even if the phone number is unlisted. I love it! (04/07/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Finding an Old Friend

Try going on line. There are web sites you can search and register where you went to highschool.
You can also be notified when a new person registers. (04/08/2007)

By Roseyposey

Finding an Old Friend

First if you know their name, Google them by their name and the city where they lived the last time you saw them. It's amazing the information you can get. If you can't find them, look for their parents name, the name of a brother or sister and you may find a way to contact them that way.

Because women marry and change their names, if you don't know the married name, it can be more difficult, but some use their maiden name as a middle name so they may still come up.

The information about the reunion sites can also be helpful, because many people have the same names doing a whole country search might not be the easiest. Looking just on the original family name, you might find a relative on a family tree site to help in your search.

Susan from ThriftyFun (04/08/2007)

By ThriftyFun

Finding an Old Friend

If you know an organization where your friend was a member, or the year and school where they graduated, they often have up-to-date information.

One tip: Instead of asking for information about that person, which many places will not release, give your information to the organization or school, and ask them to give it to your friend, so they can contact you. This works very well.

By the Oracle

Better Living FriendshipJanuary 8, 2011
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Best Friends
Gift Ideas for Your Best Friend
A young woman grieving.
Helping a Grieving Friend or Relative
Ring of old keys.
Uses for Old Keys