My Natural Products Spa Day

I do an oil pull with olive oil for 5 minutes and spit out (swish the oil in between the teeth). DO NOT swallow, ever. This is good for teeth and gingivitis. I do it twice a week. Now I rinse and rinse and brush my teeth with baking soda/salt/water combo or just baking soda and water. Spit and rinse.

My hair needs to be treated for dryness so I heat up some mayo in the microwave and put it on my hair for about 7 minutes and cover it with plastic wrap. While I am doing this I put on an oatmeal mask made out of oatmeal and water and leave it on while I am conditioning my hair.

It is time to take it all off after 7 minutes. I rinse out and shampoo my hair with an avocado/baking soda paste with a little water added. Rinse, rinse, rinse. If not clean, you can use a small amount of diluted shampoo. Rinse.

It is time to take a bath with a little bit of Olive oil to soften the water. I put my hair up since it has already been taken care of. While in the bath I do a forehead massage/wash by moving the palm of my hand on my forehead with a little bit of warm water and a small amount of soap. It gets rid of the bumps very quickly. It has a suction type movement when done right.

After my bath, I soak my feet in a nice warm bath of Epsom salts and water for about 5 minutes, or baking soda and water if my feet need a deodorizer.

It is time to get facial moisturizer out of the refrigerator so I can put it on my skin. It feels so nice and cool on my skin.

Then I take my apple cider tea tonic with baking soda: 2 Tbsp. apple cider (organic) 2 tbsp honey and 1/8 tsp baking soda, 9 oz water. This usually wards off allergy attacks for me. I take it two days and then off three days and then again for about a month and then if I need it for headaches. Sometimes my symptoms get worse for a day or two before being eradicated.

I am going to take a nap with a bar of soap (WRAPPED OR UNWRAPPED) under the blanket. I have restless leg syndrome and this is a good treatment. The medicine I took for it made my heartbeat too fast. I forgot what the med was, Requip, I believe. The bar of soap is a new treatment I found at earthclinic.org. I then put cucumber slices over my eyes and rest.

When I wake up from my 30 minute rest time, it is time to soak my nails in baking soda and water: two parts water to 1 part baking soda. This gets rid of discoloration and cleans them.

I put a drop of olive oil on a folded paper towel and buff them and rub it in then I buff them to a high shine. Wash with a mild soap after this treatment.

It is about time to put on my lip gloss before I go out the door. I make it out of Crisco shortening and honey and mix it to the consistency that I want, equal amounts. If koolaid is used to color the lip gloss, it needs a little water, about 1/4 tsp. I, myself, don't like food coloring so I leave it natural.

It is time to spray my hair with lemon and water. I boiled down a lemon chopped up in 2 cups of water until it was reduced by about half. Add more water if it gets too thick. Strain and pour into a spray bottle. I keep mine in the refrigerator. It should keep my style in check on this windy day. Ahhhhh. Natural is good.

Source: Most of the health information has come from personal experience and also from earthclinic.org.

By Racer from Bristol, TN

Note, I don't do oil pulling much, since I don't like the thought of having to replace all of my fillings that might be loose in the first place, but it is good if you brush your teeth right afterward, and is rumored to get rid of colds in a hurry. Racer

FYI, there's no such site as earthclinic.org, it's earthclinic.com. Susan in Omaha

This is awesome! Thank you!

Jan

how does the bar of soap help restless legs? i have RLS and cannot seem to find a cure? that seems like such an odd suggestion, would love to know how it works!

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty RecipesMarch 6, 2009
Spa Party
Spa Party Ideas
Spa Water Foam
Reducing Spa Water Foam
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Spa Towel Wrap With Shoulder Straps
Making a Spa Towel Wrap
🎄
🍂