Keep Sewing and Craft Supplies Organized Separately

In my sewing chest and my craft basket, I keep the little things separate. In the sewing chest (three drawers), I keep my various scissors in the bottom drawer, including my electric scissors that were a gift. In the middle drawer I keep the many spools of thread. In the top drawer, I have such things as safety pins, snaps, etc. I have each sorted by size and keep each size in pill bottles, one size per bottle.

When crocheting doll clothes, for example, I can find the size snaps I need instantly. Safety pins are in various bottles, again sorted by size, saves having to dump them all out and search through for what I need. My straight pins are in a bottle, too. Saves a lot of time when I can open a drawer or bucket in the craft basket, and pick out just what I need. Easy to put away too.

Spools of thread, buttons, scissors, and a tape measure.
Organizing Sewing Supplies
Organizing CraftsAugust 18, 2008
Craft Supplies
Selling Excess Craft Supplies
Vintage Craft Tools
Finding Vintage Craft Tools and Supplies
jumble of bobbins
Organizing Bobbins
Making Bead and Sequin Ornaments
Making Bead and Sequin Ornaments
🎄
🍂