Front Door Color Advice

Our house in brown trimmed with terra cotta mix used brick. It has a shake roof. What color should the solid front door be for accent?

By Joyce W.

Pick up some paint chips in different colors and see what you like. All the colors that you mentioned are neutral colors so therefore, any color door would work.

Go to the HGTV website and look at the front door paint colors they show. You will be inspired! It's my new favorite website, after thriftyfun of course!

The brick on our house sounds a lot like yours. We recently had white vinyl siding installed on all the wood areas. I don't know the official name of the paint on the front door but the best I can describe it is: Barn Red. It's a very deep (almost maroon) red. That's the color I wanted because I heard or read (long ago) that a red door was a sign of "welcome". We think it looks really good and have had lots of compliments. I'm sure that whatever you choose will be lovely.

Margaret from Denton, Texas