Product Review: Green Bags

I wanted to share my review on the GREEN BAGS, that you see on TV. I bought mine at Walmart, they WORK. I put my lettuce, bananas, anything you don't want to ruin quickly. I put the bananas on the counter for a week and they barely turned at the tips. I was amazed to say the least. Just don't wash the stuff before you put it into the bags, I guess it needs its own vegetable sweat. The box I bought was ten dollars and it come with 30 bags, that you can use over and over. I am usually not to open to as seen on TV but sometimes you luck out, and I was sick of throwing away broccoli, just give them a try.

By Emily from Ore City, TX

Actually the green bags are worst than regular plastic bags. Here is what Consumer Reports had to say about them.

The claim. Debbie Meyer Green Bags "prolong the life of your fruits and vegetables" by absorbing and removing the ethylene gas they release, which accelerates rotting. They're sold at www.greenbags.com; 20 bags cost $10 plus $6.95 shipping.

The check. We put bananas, peaches, apples, melons, blackberries, strawberries, basil, asparagus, tomatoes, broccoli, grapes, lettuce, and carrots in Green Bags for up to five weeks. We stored the same foods for the same length of time in Ziploc bags, on a counter, in a refrigerator, or in plastic supermarket bags.

CR's take. We saw green inside the Green Bags, but often it was mold. Blackberries became moldy after three weeks, strawberries and basil after a month, and peppers and tomatoes after five weeks. It was a tough test, but the same foods stored in other ways nearly always had less mold or none after the same time. Only bananas fared significantly better in Green Bags: After two weeks, they were firm and had not turned black.

My mother uses these bags and swears by them. They do work, however, I use ziplock type bags with a paper towel inside and change every few days and they work the same and most foods last the same amount of time. I also saw some generic ones in Dollar General today for $5.00. I wonder if they work as well as the original?

I use the green bags and are very happy with the results. I recommend them to everyone that seems interested. I've storage fruits and vegetables in them. I've had very good luck. They have saved me numerous amounts of money. Always have fresh vegetables and fruit for weeks. I have used ziploc bags also, but i like the green bags much better.

I bought the pack of 20 bags at Ocean State Job Lots for $4.99 and am 75% pleased. They do keep my lettuce and baby spinach longer than any other way I've tried. Found that after 4-5 days, bags were relatively damp inside; so now I put a Viva paper towel inside and all has been well for about the 1&frac; weeks til lettuce & baby spinach is all used up.

I haven't used the green bags, but have great luck using the cereal box liners. Just pull them out when empty, shake out the crumbs and I find they are wonderful for use in refrigerating produce and other foods like cookies and breads. You can roll and paper clip the top. You've already paid for these so why not give them a try. I love them!

I bought "Green Bags" at Canadian Tire for 19.95 and "Green Bags" at our Local Giant Tiger for $4.99. They work about the same. YES, they both keep produce longer,

I don't know if the nutritional value is the same. I am really pleased with the way they keep Celery - I really don't like Aluminum Foil next to my eatables!

Thank you, I had seen them at store and wondered.

This will help my bananas last. Thank you again

for posting your results.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews Food and DrinkOctober 22, 2008
Canning Green Beans, Freezing Green Beans, Growing Green Beans, Storing Green Beans, Drying Green Beans
Storing Green Beans
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Products on list.
Selecting Green Cleaning Products
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
🎄
🍂