Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast

Roasting a turkey breast so that it is moist and tasty can be tricky. This is a guide about cooking a perfect turkey breast.

making a turkey breast
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 9, 2005 Flag

Do you have any tips for cooking the perfect (and NOT dry) turkey breast? My son complains every year that my turkey is always so dry. Because it is just the three of us, I usually only cook a small turkey breast. HELP me cook that perfect Thanksgiving turkey this year! :) Thanks in advance!
Sue A.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The best way is to brine the turkey over night, the day before you cook it, and cook until the white meat is around 165 degrees. The brine makes a perfect flavor and the cooking temp. allows the bird to stand for a while and reach 170 on it's own. The reason turkey is SO dry is because most people over cook the meat. For a great brine, and how to do this, just look up Alton Brown's ideas on google.com. He's amaznig.

This page is most helpful. I love turkey breast and always try different ways to prepare it. Thanks for all your help.

I have used the methold with a can of cranberry sauce and some orange juice and other seasonings and we like that real well. At other times I lift the skin of the breast and rub Cajun seasoning into the breast. This is our favorite and the more seasoning we rub in the better we like it. Both of these are done in the crockpot. I also add some water or chicken broth. I will have to try doing this when the breast is still frozen. My turkey breasts in the crock pot never get browned, but they are also well done that the meat falls off the bones when we take it out.

I have what is probably a dumb question. I have two turkey breasts, one 2.9 lbs and one 3.9 lbs. Both have to be cooked at the same time in the same oven. How does one calculate the necessary cooking time in such a situation"

Thanks in advance,

Art

Read More Answers...

March 9, 2012 Flag

I use a cooking bag and always put the breast meat side down in the pan, so all the juice stays in the meat

By cleanupmom55 from Franklin, PA

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatFebruary 28, 2012
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 12, 2016 at 11:23:30 PM on 10.0.0.182 in 408 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.