Freezing Sour Milk

My kids eat a lot of dairy, but it does happen that we find that a bag of milk, cottage cheese, or yogurt will be sitting in our fridge past its expiration date. I have a few recipes ( e.g. pancakes, tuna casserole) that call for buttermilk or another type of fermented milk product. So instead of throwing out these sour products, I put them in the freezer to be defrosted when I have time to prepare the recipes. The end results taste delicious, and no one, except my pocket book, is the wiser.

Milk doesn't sour any more, it simply goes BAD. I wouldn't use it at all. The pasteurization etc. doesn't allow it to sour. I would try freezing it just before the date it expires. Saving money is great, but not if the savings makes you sick.

Uses for Sour Milk
Uses for Sour Milk
Food and Recipes Food Tips DairySeptember 18, 2006
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft