Anniversary Party Planning

How can I display my wedding dress and veil at my 30th anniversary reception?

By Karen from Knoxville, TN

For my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, I used an antique wire mannequin. It looked very vintage, and we received many compliments. You might find one on ebay.

If you could borrow or rent a mannequin and dress it with your dress and veil, that would be nice. A seamstress you know make have one that she uses for her own alterations.

My mom wore hers at her 50th anniversary, Dad wore a suit. They reaffirmed their vows in church then had a reception immediately following. I love my picture of them cutting the "wedding" cake!

August 29, 2011 Flag

I am hosting a December/January anniversary event (as we never had a reception). My husband and I eloped 4 years ago, but kept putting a reception off. I would like to host an event for friends and family. I would like to keep our budget at 5k for 100 people. Is that possible, without being "cheap" and hosting a tacky event?

By Tonya

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Isn't somebody else supposed to offer to do a reception? My now "ex" and I eloped in 1964 and within a month his parents hosted a reception for us and a month later neighbors of my parents threw a reception for us where my parents live. They were nothing fancy, but nice.

I could probably host four-five receptions for 100 people with $5,000. The major expense would be rental of a hall for the event. Make it an open house type deal timed for 2-4PM or 7:30-9:30PM.

That way all you need for food, is cake, coffee, tea, and punch. You could make sandwiches if you want to. Have a guest book, some balloons, a few flowers (if you want) and maybe some crepe paper streamers hanging from the ceiling. You don't need a lot of decorations.

Eliminate a dance and have close friends or relatives make sure the food line is going smoothly. Enlarge various photos of the two of you at various stages of your romance, and doing things you enjoy, to make a display. Events like this don't have to cost a lot.

Go to the "Dollar Store" in your area and see what they have. Also have you contacted a "Cooking College" in your area? I am unsure if talking to the Instructors if your party can be used as a "final" or perhaps as a subject for their training.

Streamers and balloons are better suited to a birthday party. You could get a nice, catered buffet meal, pretty flowers, and a dj and venue for $5000. Look into a VFW or American Legion hall. I had a lovely reception at a bowling alley banquet hall.

Enjoy your day!

Thank you all very much for sharing!

September 15, 2010 Flag

I have to plan a 20th wedding anniversary. The couple did not have a wedding and they want pictures, guests, and the 1st dance, but no maid of honor or best man. They want their pastor to say a few words and then do vows. She wants me to come up with a program.

There will be invitations, someone singing, a song or two, semi formal attire is preferred. There will be cake and groom's cake. Their song is Sweet November. The date is the 26th of November. They only have 1 child and he is 16 (not much help). I want it to be dazzling, romantic, memorable, people crying (from happiness) and cost effective. Help!

Audrey in SC

Anniversary Party Planning

I recommend that you get every guest to write a small memory of a time that was special with the couple over the last 20 years and include a picture of themselves. You could then do a memory book of special times in their lives together.

You could also do a candy card that is sweet and also funny.This card is done using candy for words (example being extra gum, put 2 together and you get extra extra and then you could say. "Read all about it --------- and -------- are having a special (candy bar) day", so on and so on.

For decorating you could have their pictures from when they were dating till now, have them scanned on a computer, and print in any size that you want. You could place these around the room or on Bristol board in one area.

If you are adventurous, you could have some friends perform a song that you have written, (example) the Do Run Run song from the 60's is easy to change the words to.

You can also go to thrift stores and buy the same type of clear vases, decorate them with some foliage and flowers (small ones) and ribbon on the outside. Fill with water and float a small candle in them. You can also use cooking dye to change the color of the water if you want. Use only floating candles though.

You can go to the bush, pick out some bushes that have a lot of limbs, cut the bush down, take home, paint with white spray paint, place in white buckets with sand and some other hardening compound, then put tiny white Christmas lights on them. Of course you do this after they have dried. They really make beautiful decorations and can be as tall as 6 - 7 feet. They keep for years, undercover.

Hope this is of some help.

By Ann

Anniversary Party Planning

How about doing a timeline poster board. You can find all the events that happened 20 years ago and the prices of food, gas, housing etc. which is pretty interesting. Also I'm putting together a family tree that will be on display. My parents are going to be celebrating their 50th. We are putting her dress on display at the party for more drams. (07/22/2005)

By sueandthekids

Anniversary Party Planning

I am hosting an anniversary reception very similar to what you have described they had no wedding to speak of and I want it to be beautiful and people to remember it. I also wanted the guests to be a part of it since they have been a part of the couple's lives as well over the years. Enclosed in the invitation I placed a card that says, "I remember when..". On the invitation at the bottom I made a note that says, "Please share a story you remember about the couple and bring it with you." I have a scrapbook for all of the cards to be placed in along with a picture of each person/couple that attends when they arrive. I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea or two. (07/14/2006)

By Beccky

Anniversary Party Planning

Gleaming lights set any atmosphere with any budget, disposable cameras at 10 to 20 a table for beautiful pictures from different perspectives. Have a display of pictures of them going the whole time from over the 20 years, they've been together. Share their memories with everyone. Ask them if they would like a theme, everyone dressed in the same color will really set their pictures off and make that event a night to remember! (09/26/2008)

Holidays and Parties Parties AnniversarySeptember 15, 2010
Anniversary Date
Planning a Wedding Anniversary Date
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
60th Anniversary Party Ideas
50th Wedding Anniversary Party
50th Wedding Anniversary Party Ideas
Anniversary Party
Anniversary Party Ideas