Late 1800's English Decor

I am interested in ideas for creating an English, late 1800's interior decorating theme around fox hunts and English equestrian decor. My entire home is currently in transition to this style. Anyone know of where used, discarded horse rider apparrel is looking for a new home?

Also, I want to create a garden using the old chimney's bricks to create jumps similar to the ones used in steeple chase courses. Does anyone know of a web site where I could see pictures of such? I am intrigued with the Edwardian colors and wondered how to finish bathroom walls to set the room back in that era.

Thank you,
Ladybugv2 from Michigan

Editor's Note: Sounds like quite a decorating challenge! I would love to see pictures as you make progress.

I don't know if there is one serving your area, but Yahoo has groups called "Freecycle". You can post requests for the items your looking for, and people post offers of things they just want to get rid of. Of course, everything is FREE. Might be worth a shot, esp if you're in an area where people might have what you want (you'd probably have to go get it).

I have collected some of what you are looking for over the years and most of what I have came from thrift shops and the like. However, I did get some beautiful pictures at Hobby Lobby. I had a riding helmet, english stirups, other pictures, horsehead bookends, and books in my bedroom when it was done that way. I used the traditional colors of a Hunters Green and a Deep blue based Red called Raspberry Truffle. Old popstcards have some wonderful scenes of fox hunting and could give you lots of ides, not to mention look good if framed. If I find anything else I will get the info to you. Good Luck, Danielle

Hi Ladybugv2,

I own a consignment tack shop in PA. We sometimes that items that com in our shop that are good for decor only. Let me know what you are looking for.

I am looking to do the same type of decor in my living room. I am VERY fortunate to have several large hunt scenes to hang up. I purchsed those at a carriage sale that is in my area.

I would love to hear what some of your ideas are. My only concern with my space is that the ceilings are low.

Please let me know if I can help. (you can get the e-mail address from there)

Lady bug I have a house full of English and hunt decore. If your interested email me and I will send you pics and ideas. Mike

Hi there,

for edwardian bathroom stuff see the following link

no the name is not a joke! he invented the flushing toilet.

edwardian colours are formal - bathrooms were usually tiled to dado rail, and blue or white tiles were usual. they had very complicated shower systems, roll top baths and high level cisterns on the toilets.

Steeplechase jumps are not made from brick they are made from hedge or brush as shown here

Will you share newbear pictures? Would love to see them prh9100 AT

Check out Gail Claridge's website--her decor is exactly what you're looking for I think. Good luck!

Can some one share newbear57 pictures with me please. exoticleather AT Please add to title - newbear57 pics - so I will open it.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating AdviceMarch 21, 2006
Two English Bulldogs, one sitting one laying down.
English Bulldog Breed Information and Photos
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Muffin Pizza Recipes
English Ivy Leaf
Growing English Ivy
English Ivy on Brick Wall
Getting Rid of English Ivy