AdviceRecipes

Recipes Using Raspberry Divine Dessert Sauce

I went to the food bank today. I got some things that I really don't know what to do with but they sounded good on the shelf. The first is tastefully simple raspberry divine dessert sauce. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. They have 2 shelves with some really different kinds of food what you would not normally find at a food bank. I did go to the websites of the manufacture's but didn't find any more info than I already knew.

Thanks,
Sandy from Baltimore, MD

Wow...what an unusual item from a food bank.

I dont know the product first hand you are referring to so I dont know what it tastes like or the consistency etc so I am just guessing on these suggestions:

DESSERT TYPES:

- use as an ice cream topping

- stir into yogurt

- pour over cake, pound cake, spongecake, angelfood cake

- add to a cake mix or brownie mix (substitute it for some or all of the water the mix calls for...rasp is really good with chocolate flavors)

- add to puddings or mousse or tapioca pudding

- fold into cool whip topping for a dessert

- make layered Jam Bar cookies (use in place of the jam)

- pour over readymade cheesecake (or jello brand cheesecake pudding) or swirl into a homemade cheesecake for a marbled look

- make crepes and fill with ricotta cheese and top with sauce

- use in a Trifle recipe

- make a shake (icecream) or smoothie (yogurt)

- make 'pink milk' for drinking or to use on breakfast cereal

- swirl onto oatmeal

- use as a fondue type dipping sauce (hot or cold) with marshmallows, chocolate pieces, cookies, fruits, cake chunks, etc

NON-DESSERT:

- use to marinate chicken with

- made a 'dutch baby' (puffy oven pancake) and top with your sauce

- use on a peanut butter sandwich ???

Raspberry sauce is great drizzled over almost anything, Brownies, Ice cream, yogurt and fruit, Cheesecake YUM, if you like the tast of raspberrys you will really love it,

oh also you can drizzle it in oatmeal, or malt o meal.

It would sure perk up some bland muffins - add to the mix in place of some liquid, or if it is thicker, fill the muffin cup half full, put in a spoon full of raspberries and more muffin mix on top - that would also be good with a cake or cupcakes. Or it could be mixed with cool whip to serve on an angel food. You may even add some sure jell to it and cook it into a jam - or strain out the seeds and make it jelly. Oh gosh, there are lots of things to do with it. I volunteer at a food pantry and we do get some interesting items sometimes - once we got a 5 gallon pail of that good fluffy cake icing like buttercreme. Now that was a challenge! Mostly we get good usable stuff, to and we are happy to help people with ideas. Marlene

Our church has a food bank. Our members have a list of specified foods we're allowed to donate. I find this kind of silly, as people need to eat all kinds of foods, not just certain ones. I'm not sure why the list, as when I've worked in the food bank area, there are more than the specified foods on the list, in there. I'm sure more folks have more of the idea that I've got than what the church feels the public should have. I try to put a wide variety of foods in each orders, rather than just what's on the 'giveout list'.