BodyBeauty

Self Tanners

Category Body

I am a pale red head and want to know what self tanner's are good. I don't want to be streaky and orange. I've tried a few but they are so expensive so I don't want to keep trying everything on the market. I don't want to be really brown I just don't want to glow anymore. I went to a tanning place and did the mist spray tan and that was $25 and only lasted a little while. Recommendations?

Thanks! :)
peggygv

I'm also very white...I'm currently trying a new product from Jergens called Natural Glow daily moisturizer.It's supposed to be gradual and see a difference after a week. I haven't been able to tell much yet, but I figure it;s worth a try as it cost $5.00 as opposed to $10.00 or more. Hope this helps! :) Aeromama

Hi i use Aveda it is great you got a nice even tan fast

even better if you seat out in the sun after you use it you can also add some hand cream with it mix it in a bowl it wont dry out your skin.

Check out the website sunless.com. I found this website completely by accident, but it is a terrific resource for anybody who wants to use self tanners, whether over the counter or as part of a salon service. This site even gives you ratings and reviews for the various sunless tanning products on the market. Also, you can check out this website's message boards, where you can even get instructions on how to make your own self tanners using airbrush tanning solutions, which can be purchased from various companies on the internet. Happy sunless tanning!

Tori

I too am Pale Mc Ghosty, and I wholeheartedly endorse the Natural Glow lotion by Jergens. It's quite cheap, builds up gradually, and you control how dark you get. Plus, there's a bottle specifically for "fair" skin tones!

It rocks.

The Coppertone Endless Summer Gradual Tan is the best I've found.

I've always been the pale redhead, so easy to burn that I've had to avoid the sun.

Now it looks like I gradually got a tan. People have been commenting all summer on how I 'finally got some sun'

I did like the Jergens, but it was Very gradual - the Coppertone helped me get tan results faster, but still looked natural.