Pan for Christmas Tree Overflows

Years ago I was in a hardware store and spied a round, about 3 foot diameter, metal overflow pan for water heaters. Having just cleaned up after an overflowing Christmas tree stand, I thought it would be a great idea for the following year. When I opened the box I found the pan had a hole meant for an overflow hose, which I just stuck a large cork in.

I have used this pan for over 20 years now under our Christmas trees, and with overflows happening usually several times a season, I have never again had to worry about my rugs or hardwood floors being ruined. This is the perfect time to be on the lookout for one of these pans for next year.

By Gardencraft from Danville, NH

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeJanuary 4, 2006
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Peter Pan Costume
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄