Use Newborn Diapers for Swiffer Pad

The answer to those expensive Swiffer Wet jet mop head refills - finally! Go to your local Dollar store, buy the cheapest newborn diapers they carry. Mount one with the side which would normally be next to baby's skin facing out towards the floor, and wrap the edges around the mop head. It will cling to the Velcro long enough for you to slip one of those fat wide rubber bands found on heads of broccoli on each end. Mop away, then slip the rubber bands off and dispose of the diaper. Rinse the bands off for the next use.

Source: Older hands can't wring mops too well anymore and old budget won't let me afford fancier alternatives!

By dollyslaffn from Darien, GA

Dollyslaffn, That sounds good but don't the rubber bands make it harder to push on the floor? I mean on each end is a rubber band and that would make it not slide as easy.

Teresa, you don't even know they are on there...they bind into the diaper so it pokes out further than they do on each side, a fraction of an inch, then once it gets wet, the diaper expands even more. Plus, the rubberbands from broccoli are super super wide, but not as big around on the circumference. try it once, and you'll see...it works!

Recently they have come out with a generic brand of Swiffer cloths so they might be even cheaper than the diapers.

I use a mop with steam which does not need chemicals. Great for tile floors and kills germs. What about a microfiber pad to clean up the floors? When it gets dirty just wash it out. Don't add fabric softener to the rinse.

Elsa, the microfiber cloths I bought bunched up and rolled with the back and forth motion of mopping,and made dirty streaks. Then I had the problem of putting into my laundry the extremely germy cloths and having them mix with our clothes, or dishcloths. I use as much green methods as possible, but I would not take my string mop head and throw it into the machine with the rest of the laundry, and that is what the cloths amount to...nasty!

Our local Walgreens has their brand of Swiffer Wet Jet pads, 2 packs for $6.99. They work just as well.

Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops, Linoleum Floor Being Mopped
Saving Money on Swiffer Pads and Mops
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsApril 4, 2011
Floor being mopped with a Swiffer WetJet type modern mop
Swiffer Wet Jet Refill Recipes
young woman holding a Swiffer style mop
Making Replacement Pads for a Swiffer
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
🎉
🎄