Slow Cooker Turkey Breast

On days when you're in a rush but still would like to come home to the welcoming aroma of a homecooked meal, you might want to try this. Put a frozen turkey breast in your slow cooker. Dump a package of onion soup mix on it. Turn the cooker on high and it will be done when you get home after work. Whip up some stuffing mix and open a can of green beans and you have a feast with little effort. (I use one of the West Bend Slow Cookers that has a base and the rectangular pot sits on top of it.) If you are hesitant about leaving it cooking while you're gone, you can always put it on the night before and it will be ready when you get up. Just be sure to refrigerate it before you leave.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

Any water added after adding a dry soup mix?

I was wondering what to do with a turkey breast I have in the freezer, I am going to try this,thanks. Do you add any water or broth?

I don't think you're supposed to leave the crockpot on high the whole time you're gone. When I cook my turkey breast, I cook it on low for 8-10 hrs or on high for 4-5 hrs. I don't add any water or broth as you wind up with a lot of liquid without adding any extra.

A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Food and Recipes Recipes CrockpotFebruary 25, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
making a turkey breast
Cooking a Perfect Turkey Breast
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention