Use Small Containers In Lunchbox

Here's a tip that's easy on the wallet and the environment. I use small plastic containers for my son's lunchbox instead of plastic bags. For nonperishable food like chips or cookies, I use the same container all week. It saves space in the dishwasher and wear and tear on the container, plus I don't spend time looking for a matching lid!

By Jane from Stone Mountain, GA

I do this, too. It works great -and allows me to give consistent portion sizes. I measured out once into the container so I know how far to fill it for ONE serving so we don't overeat.

Food and Recipes Food Tips School and Work LunchNovember 15, 2007
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
A child eating a brown bag lunch.
Quick and Easy School Lunchbox Ideas
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers