Perspiration Problems

My niece has a problem with perspiration under her arms. She is only 16 years old. She has used every kind of antiperspirant imaginable but she still sweats badly and hates this problem. She doesn't have a bad odor under her arms, just the sweating that embarrasses her. What can she do to prevent this? I sure hope someone can solve this as she is very popular and smart and has a lot of friends and this really annoys her. I love my Niece and would like to help her.

God Bless,
Angelheart from Clyde, TX

She can use an antiperspirant called "Certain Dri." I suffered with problem underarm perspiration for years and it's the only thing that ever worked for me. It's available at most chain drug stores.

Take her to a naturopathic doctor and have a food allergy test done. She may have an allergic reaction to a food or foods that cause this problem.

Although it sounds strange, try this. Cut a lemon in half and wipe under each arm, it dries very quickly. This eliminates both odour and excessive perspiration. I have had a cancer surgery and lost some lymph nodes under my left arm (armpit), and the Professor in charge of my care asked me to tell every woman I know NOT TO USE ALUMINIUM BASED DEODORANT. Because this ingredient/compound prevents accurate mammogram readings, and also clogs your bodies natural ability to rid itself of sweat and the toxins it needs to be rid of. One of my work collegues who is from Thailand told me of the 'lemon trick', its very cheap, its healthy and natural and it works wonderfully. Just slice a thin piece off the end of the lemon and store in the refridgerator in a plastic baggie. This also works well for smelly feet. Very best of luck.

I had that problem when I was a teenager, also, which was MANY years ago. I used Mitchum's antipersperant and it worked, though made me VERY warm otherwise. It has an aluminum base and I am not sure just how safe it may be. Just have her ask her doctor if he/she can help as there may be a different cure by now. I know that this is very little help right now, but the problem just sort of took care of itself, and I figure I am pretty normal in the perspiration department, since my adult years have set in. I really think it was excessive hormones or maybe even excessive nerves when I was a teen. I DO remember the embarassment, though. Hope this helps. REALLY, check with the doctor.

Try to look for deodorants that have Aluminum Zirconium. It works to many people I know. Don't use Aluminum Chlorhydrate, it fails in most people I know.

My oldest son had this problem, and wanted to go to dermatologist. After a couple of months of trying everything we went. The dermatologist said to use Certain Dry and it really worked. He would use it every other day because thats what the dermatologist said to do. In our small town we had to order it off the internet to get it. It was around $7. My son used it for about 6 months and his problem cleared up. It's good stuff. Please tell your niece that most teenagers go thru this phase and it's something that can not be avoided.

My daughter had the same problem. Her Dr. gave her some antiperspirant that she uses at night. It has worked for her. I believe it is a prescription.

After using an antiperspirant, wait until it dries and then very lightly dust talcum powder over underarms. This worked for me many years ago and ultimately, I "grew out of" the perspiration problem. Good luck. I've been there.

Mu daughter had the same problem. My husband a problem with his feet sweating. Our family doctor gave both of them a perscription for "Dri Sole." No sure of the spelling on this. This was several years ago. I would contact your family doctor about the problem. Neither my husband or daughter went into the office, just a phone call. But, let me say both have yearly physicals and he has been our family doctor for years. Hope this help.

She should definitely try Certain Dri. It's available without a prescription and it works really well. I was able to find it at a Meijer store for around $6, I think. I've recommended it to everyone I know because I've been so happy with it.

it could also be caused by certain meds - may not apply to her since she is a teen - but I know a couple of my meds make me sweat like a pig no matter what time of year it is - it isn't just under arm or foot its almost like a hormonal hot flash (aka power surge) - its a side effect. I use either mitchum gel unscented - let dry b/4 dressing & then medicated powder like gold bond (generic) all over - it really helps keep odor at bay, but the sweat still happens. the only ting I can do is change meds, but that isn't as easily done as said.

I had the same problem when it's 100+ in TX. I heard about apple cider vinegar for your arm pits so googled it. It said to rub it under your armpits, let it dry then put deo on. The vinegar changes the pH of your armpit so you sweat less. This is my third day to do it and AM VERY PLEASED! Sometimes I can smell it but I'd rather smell it than my sweaty arm pits. GOOD LUCK!

sweating in normal and shouldnt be stopped. It has the same constituents as urine and must get out or it hinders the body. Also any aluminum based antipersperants are dangerous as previously mentioned and cause alzhiemers. If the sweat is very excessive many of my patients rave about zinc supplements. Also She is more than likely estrogen dominent and having many pms type female problems. Remove all soy, hormone feed meat and milk, and plastic storage containers, and any other sources of estrogen and you will see this problem drastically reduce.

I have the exact same problem! I am only a teenager and i've tried EVERYTHING that i can think of and i have tried most of the remedies on this site as well, but still nothing works. My parents try everything they can, but i have never seen a doctor about this. the thing that has worked best for me is the apple vinager and lemon, but i still have the problem.

I have the same problem too. I know exactly how she feels. If she thinks it's hard as a 16 year-old, imagine how I must feel! I'm only 13! It really does suck. my mother is trying to help me solve this problem. Some of these suggestions sound good. I'll have to try them.

I wouldn't suggest Certain Dri. I've used it with the required amount, and it did absolutely nothing. It actually caused my armpits to sweat more. I definitely don't recommend it.

I've used "Certain Dri" and it definitely does not work. I've gone to such extreme measures, but not even wearing two shirts work. I'm worried I won't be able to fix it and that I'll have to deal with not buying nice shirts. I will say, that using "Certain Dri" and THEN putting on my usual deodorant makes it a lot better for me.

Start putting your deordorant/antipirspirant on at night, right before bed...and it will have time to "soak" in. Then reapply in the morning and it will be a lot better.

I have the same problem too. I sweat all the time every day of the week. Its so embarrassing, I can't wear my tight cute shirts without sweating, it could be freezing outside and I'll still be sweating. I hate it. I don't know what else to do. The only shirts I wear are tank tops and tube tops just so they don't touch my underarms. I get scared when someone

tries to hug me or try to tickle me, worrying if they touch my underarms or something. I hate living like this.

I've tried everything, deodorants, powders, nothing works. For one day I'd like to be sweat free. I don't know what else to do.

I used to have that problem. I use certain dri, it works great for me, if not try a doctor

I have the same problem and I'm 12! I don't know what to do and I have gym and I'm very popular. Right after gym I go to a class where all my friends are, so I will def try certain dri. "thank you"

I am hiding my underarm sweat stains under baggy sweaters! Every single day I wear a sweater because it won't stop! I wear them in the summer to hide them! I am always uncomfortable around everyone! I cant go out to fancy places, family outings and places in the beech! I haven't had a girl friend for 3 years because of this problem, if this problem went away, I would feel and be more comfortable with my life, I am 15. You are not the only one.

Some older women in my church suggested Mitchum. I checked on the ingredients, and it has 25% Aluminum Sesquichlorohydrate. That is more than any other anti-perspirant I have seen. I am going to try it this week. I will post how it goes.

I have tried everything else, nothing works.

I've tried every deodorant too.but i'm just going to see what the doctor says because I'm not going to school with this sweating it is embarrassing I'm 16 too.

Try Secret clinical and put on before bed time

My best friend has that problem and shes so stubborn. I told her it's good for her but I mean she's like I HATE IT

Really guys, it's good. Find something that absorbs it not prevents it.

If you prevent it you will have like a huge problem

sweating is releasing toxins and girls and boys, toxins aren't good.

Your spleen can only hold so much.

Hey listen I know the best thing you could do go to a drug store and buy either certain dry. Since she's a young lady secret clinical protection it honestly works especially certain dri. Hope I helped.

Excessive Sweating
Remedies for Excessive Sweating
Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 21, 2006
Yahoo Mail
Troubleshooting Problems with Yahoo Mail
Premenopausal Perspiration
Remedies for Premenopausal Perspiration
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
Starting a Lawnmower
Lawn Mower Won't Stay Running
🎉
🎄