Paint Color for a Kid With ADHD

What color should I paint a kids room who has ADHD?

Chyna from New Iberia, LA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By tricia 6 12/05/2006

I would suggest blue, it is supposed to be a very calming color

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By sandy 77 431 12/05/2006

i was also thinking blue. it is calming.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By susan 8 1,368 12/06/2006

Cool colors are the most calming. Stick with any cool blue, green, violet, or in-between shades. I'd be careful to use a medium to light hue, since the darker versions are bolder and more energetic, which is contrary to what you are looking for.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By (Guest Post) 12/06/2006

i have a son with ADHD and i would say paint the room his favourite colour, just how far do you think this condition is going to affect you?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By FreeStuffandSamples.com (Guest Post) 12/06/2006

I'd like to suggest that it's not just about the color, but the atmophere created within the room. For kids with ADHD, a low-tension, calming, relaxing, safe environment is best, so please consider not only colors, but other sights, sounds, and even textures.

Blue is very calming, but all blue can be a bit depressing. Brown and green are colors to use with blue as they are all grounding and natural colors.

Hope that Helps.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Linda Smyth (Guest Post) 02/20/2007

Many years ago I saw a documentary on prisoners and how they painted a cell a strong pink. When a very violent prisoner was placed in this cell, after half an hour they calmed down completely. Prisoners who were placed in an normal cell were still very angry after an hour in there.

I know that pink may not be a good colour for a boy, or is this a girl that you are talking about?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jessica L G. (Guest Post) 11/18/2008

Research has shown that calming colors and environments DO NOT work for those with hyperactive disorders. It can actually make the problem worse. Please contact www.iaccna.org for more information or participate in my study and contact me at.

jessica AT bucketsofcolor.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No