Paint Color for a Kid With ADHD

What color should I paint a kids room who has ADHD?

Chyna from New Iberia, LA

I would suggest blue, it is supposed to be a very calming color

i was also thinking blue. it is calming.

Cool colors are the most calming. Stick with any cool blue, green, violet, or in-between shades. I'd be careful to use a medium to light hue, since the darker versions are bolder and more energetic, which is contrary to what you are looking for.

i have a son with ADHD and i would say paint the room his favourite colour, just how far do you think this condition is going to affect you?

I'd like to suggest that it's not just about the color, but the atmophere created within the room. For kids with ADHD, a low-tension, calming, relaxing, safe environment is best, so please consider not only colors, but other sights, sounds, and even textures.

Blue is very calming, but all blue can be a bit depressing. Brown and green are colors to use with blue as they are all grounding and natural colors.

Hope that Helps.

Many years ago I saw a documentary on prisoners and how they painted a cell a strong pink. When a very violent prisoner was placed in this cell, after half an hour they calmed down completely. Prisoners who were placed in an normal cell were still very angry after an hour in there.

I know that pink may not be a good colour for a boy, or is this a girl that you are talking about?

Research has shown that calming colors and environments DO NOT work for those with hyperactive disorders. It can actually make the problem worse. Please contact for more information or participate in my study and contact me at.

jessica AT

Kids Room
Color Advice for Painting Kids Room
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 4, 2006
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
Green paint on a brick wall.
Cleaning Paint from Brick
Parenting an ADHD Child, Boy Reluctant to Work on Homework
Parenting an ADHD Child