Fancy Ice Cubes

For fun and a treat, how about some fancy ice cubes. They are pretty and a taste surprise when the ice melts in a beverage. You can use a raspberry, a portion of a peeled orange, lemon or lime wedge, a maraschino cherry, candied fruit, mint leaves and much more. The sky is the limit :-)

Fill an ice tray 1/3 full with water and then partially freeze. Add the fruit to the center of each cubicle, press slightly and freeze a bit longer (this way your choice will remain centered in the cube). Finish by filling the rest of the ice cubicles with water. Freeze completely and forget until time to use.

If you don't want to be this fancy but still want fun cubes, simply put a drop or two of food coloring in each ice cubicle and add water before freezing.

Oh, and if you just want a fun flavor, you can put a drop or two of your favorite food flavoring in each ice cubicle.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Anonymous

Well, when I submitted this tip I was thinking 'all' beverages including water but Iced Tea is good, too, especially the cube with lemon wedges ;-)

Deeli

Richland, WA

clever girl

Guests and my kids and grandkids love it! My mom used to do this when we were kids, but used a marchiano cherry for the middle of each ice cube. I never thought of using so many other yummies, what a treat!