Adding Length to Curtains

Here is a tip to add a little pretty length to curtains so you don't have to spend to replace them if you move and they no longer fit. Add ribbon or trim or how many even rows of yo yo's needed to make them the right length. You could even add width to them the same way.

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

A lot of decorator shows feature drapes with bands of color along the bottom. The designers then match this color with pillows and other accessories. No one would be the wiser. Great tip

Pat, Thank you for that idea I do have a favorite pair of curtains that are too short. Liz Bisbee, Az

I was just geting ready to pass on a set of curtains that I like to my daughter. What an exceptional idea to personalize them for her apartment.

What are yo yos? - I'm in Australia and the only ones I know of are children's toys - thanks

<b>Editor's Note: </b> I think this is referring to little rosettes that are assembled with circles of fabric used in quilting.

long curtains
Making Curtains Longer
Crafts Home DecorOctober 7, 2008
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
A sewing machine making repairs.
Repairing Thermal Backing on Curtains
Starching Curtains
Starching Curtains