Making Comforter for King Sized Bed - Categories:

MiscellaneousMake Your Own

Making Comforter for King Sized Bed

I would like to know how to make my own comforter for my king sized bed. I would like to make it for my husband in time for christmas, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The easiest way would be to buy two sheets in the size you want the comforter. Sew them together and fill with an old comforter or batting. If you are using batting I recommend a polyester bat and then tie the comforter. Also make sure you get a bonded polyester bat

how would you then make a bedskirt (king sized)?

I would like to know how to make a bed comforter please.

Thank you

If you plan to sew the comforter/duvet on a sewing machine, I suggest you purchase a special "walking foot" for it. This will keep all the layers from slipping while you're sewing the project together.

I hope that helps.

The quickest & most enjoyable way to make a comforter for Christmas is to crochet one, you could then sew them together as you go. Crochet is much faster than knitting & very simple once you have mastered it.

Remember it will will be a lot colder at that time of year. So a nice soft wool will be ideal.

Olivia... in the UK

Make Your Own MiscellaneousNovember 21, 2003
California King Bed
Buying Sheets for a California King Bed
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
messy bed with white comforter
Keeping a Comforter on the Bed
Man in Yellow King Costume
Making a King Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:46:38 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.