Dishwasher Not Drying Dishes - Categories:

Kitchen AppliancesHome Improvement

Dishwasher Not Drying Dishes

I bought a dishwasher at Lowe's last year. For some reason, even when I put on the heated dry, I still have wet dishes. I mean cups and stuff that are hanging to where they should have dried. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I am tired of having to dry dishes from the dishwasher. If I wanted to do that, I'd do them by hand. I paid over 300 dollars, and darn it, if I push that 'heated dry' button, I want those dishes dry as the Arizona sand in summer.

KLS8800 from Bladenboro, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I have discovered that my dishwasher won't completely dry the dishes unless I keep the rinse aid filled to a fluid level where it can be used. When the compartment empties, my dishwasher won't dry the dishes all the way.

When its done washing, open the door.

Lowes is really good about warranties on appliances purchased from them.....I would call the store you made the purchase in, ask for the appliance department and talk to the salesperson in charge. I bet you could get it repaired or replaced. We have always had wonderful service from Lowes and they are always willing to help you with your problem. THAT is why we always do business with them !!!

The first thing I would do is to find the owner/user manual. There should be a customer service number that you can call and ask this question.

I have also discovered that the dishes dry better if you use a rinse aid as Ronsan recommended. But I'm WAY too cheap for that!!

Like Carol, I open the door and let the dishes air dry.

What kind of warranty came with the dishwasher? Check your owner's manual too. If it's still under warranty then you need to have a repairman out. I wouldn't put up with it even if my warranty was up and I would have to pay for someone to look at it.

Check to see if your warrenty is still in effect, if they have a number call it and get a repairman out. Look in the back of the manual for the troubleshooting section and see if that question is there, then do as it says. Last but not least try and see if you can bring the manufacture of your dishwasher website up, see if they have a troubleshooter section or if you can contact them to ask them what to do. If its only 1 yr old, then it may be still under warrenty, or the manufacture may replace it if its considered a lemon.

Open the door when it's done washing and don't bother with the heated drying thing. That just uses more electricity and they can air dry for free. Wait a little while after it's done washing to put them away. Or put them away wet. I do that and it's never hurt anything.

it is not drying beacause of new federal energy standards. new dish washers are limited to a six minute drying period, as opposed to the 30 minutes of earlier models. new dishwashers will not dry plastics. The only options you have are to

1. find an older dishwasher, these are sure to become a collectors item just like the 5 gal flush toilets

2 let your dishes sit for a few hours with the door open this will help......kinda

3. run the hot water in your sink prior to starting the dish washer this will ensure that the water coming into the dishwasher is hot to begin with.

I want dry dishes and I hate my new lg it doesn't clean or dry. Just looks pretty. Don't buy one especially from home depot..

I think viking is correct. My dishwasher recently stopped drying my dishes right around the time I started using plastic dishes and cups to eliminate paper plates and disposable plastic cups. My ceramic dishes are coming out dry.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Kitchen AppliancesJune 22, 2006
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
An open dishwasher full of clean dishes.
Fixing a Leaking Dishwasher
New Open Dishwasher
Saving Money on a Dishwasher
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:27:43 AM on 10.0.1.157 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.