Browsing: Keeping Your Dog's Coat Shiny

Puppy Dog Food for a Nice Coat

What food would produce the best coat on my American Eskimo puppies?

Tim from Springfield, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I assume this would work on Huskies as well as dalmatians... my parents put a raw egg into their two dalmatians' food each Sunday and their hair is super soft.

The other way you can ensure its feel is up to par is to brush often. The brushing will move the oils up and down the coat and it will look and feel better.

Your puppy would love the Raw diet. I use it for my two German Shepherds and it is worth it simply for the drastic reduction in output at the other end. You can join Yahoo or Google groups that help you on your way. rawpaws is a good one.

About a year ago, I changed my Golden Retriever's food to Avoderm Dry (Chicken). This food has avocado in it and after several weeks, I could notice a big change in her coat. I was impressed and she loves the food too!

dog with shiny coat
Keeping Your Dog's Coat Shiny
Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 26, 2008
Chihuahua puppy
Puppy's Ears Aren't Standing Up
A homemade dog coat.
Making a Dog Coat
A stack of Mexican blankets.
Making a Coat Out of a Blanket
Fur Coat
Repairing Fur Coats