Looking for Foam Block Cubes

I am trying to get hold of 2.5x 2.5" cubed foam to make blocks for my grandkids to play with. The outside is made but I need 20 more foam squares to place inside. I can't afford the cost to buy them. Any ideas? Please hurry!

Carrie from Gresham, Oregon

What about that hard packing stuff that comes around appliances and TV's and such things. Take an electric knife and cut it in the size of blocks that you want. Or I guess you could use a saw to cut them.

I think in Walmart I've seen 'slabs' of foam that you might purchase and cut them with an electric knife. I've not tried this myself but I've read where its been done. I made my little ones block using pt. size cardboard boxes (Milk boxes, creamers etc.) They still have them and the oldest is 38! Good luck and enjoy your little one.

Buy a rectangular piece of foam, that is 2.5 thick, and cut it into cubes.

The stuff you buy at the floral centers is cheaper most of the time than regular Styrofoam. Good luck!

Hello everyone can anyone tell me were I can buy hedgeapples here in Florida Thankyou Danny

Consumer Advice Product FinderDecember 17, 2008
Homemade Sugar Cubes
Making Homemade Sugar Cubes
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
A chunk of stuck together ice cubes.
Keeping Ice Cubes from Sticking
Frozen Bouillon
Homemade Frozen Bouillon Cubes