Do I Cut Celery To Keep It Fresh?

I read in your newsletter about wrapping celery in foil to keep it crisp. Thanks for the tip. I have a question though, I have read elsewhere about cutting the celery. Do I need to cut the bottom off the bunch of celery before I wrap it? Thanks.

Darlene in Mississauga

I found that if you don't cut the celery at all it will last longer. I've trimmed washed and cut and it only lasted short of a week.

When I just wrapped it - it lasted over two weeks.

I always soak my celery in water and a teaspoon of Hydrogen Peroxide. I take the stalks apart, clean well, and cut them in convient lengths. Then let air dry on a towel, or help the drying along with the towel and wrap the simular sizes together in alum foil. Usually have 5 or 6 wrapped bundels from one celery package. and I only take one small package out of refrigator when I need celery. As long as it is good and dry when I wrap it lasts a long time. I used some yesterday that I bought 3 weeks ago. Joy @ www.aloetherapy.com

Thank you this will help. I have a guinea pig and she loves carrots and celery and the celery was going limp before she would eat it all.

Thanks for the help.

I watched a cooking show, and they said to always cut celery on an angle, and the celery will stay crisp when cooking.

You can always refresh it in a glass of ice water.

I wrap the whole stalk of celery in paper towel and place it in those green bags. I swear by these bags. I use them for all my veggies and the brown ones for my bread.

Celery on White Background
Storing Celery
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesJanuary 20, 2005
Limp Celery
Reviving Limp Celery
Uses for Celery Leaves
Uses for Celery Leaves
Celery new growth
Growing Celery
Freezing Celery
Freezing Celery
🎉
🎄