Area Rug over Carpet

Is it wise too put an area rug over carpet? I have one but it has a jute back and I am afraid it might be to abrasive on my plush carpet but I love the looks of them. - Ginger

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

You are right, it would be too abrasive. You can use rugs over carpet if they have a rubber back on them. My carpet installer told me not to put jute back rugs over my carpet.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Carpets and RugsJanuary 29, 2005
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet
Downward photo of an area rug in a lobby
Cleaning Area Rugs
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 10:38:30 AM on 10.0.2.167 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.