Crispy Crown Casserole

This is a classic casserole with chicken and creamy soups.

• 1 pkg. tater tot disks (Crispy Crowns)
  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 pkg. frozen mixed veggies
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • Ad
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup
  • shredded cheese (cheddar is good)

Directions:

Chop up the chicken into bite sized pieces. You can brown it first to decrease the cook time or just throw it in there raw. I usually just put it in raw.

Layer the tater tot disks in the base of a 9x12 inch baking pan, to make a bottom crust. Then continue layering ingredients in the pan; cream of mushroom soup, frozen mixed veggies, chicken, cream of chicken soup. Add more soup if you're using a big casserole dish and need it. I add pepper because I'm crazy like that. Then cheese on the top. Cook at the standard casserole temp, good old reliable 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or so. You will want to cook it less if you brown the chicken first.

Tasty, hearty, and terrible for you - just like all good casseroles should be.

Source: This is an update of a recipe that my mother in law used to make for my husband as a child. He says mine is better - don't tell :)

Tater Tot Casserole
Tater Tot Casserole Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes CasserolesApril 17, 2009
Bean and Cornbread Casserole
Bean and Cornbread Casserole Recipes
Chicken Cheese Casserole
Chicken Cheese Casserole Recipes
Carrot Casserole
Carrot Casserole Recipes
🎉
🎄