Using Pumpkins as Decorations All Month

I buy my Halloween pumpkins at the beginning of October to sit out on our porch. Instead of carving them right away, knowing they won't last until the end of the month, I take a black sharpie marker and draw the eyes, nose, and mouth and color them in, then sit it outside. Then a few days before Halloween I go outside and crave our the eyes, nose, and mouth the way it was drawn on. That way, you get to use the pumpkin as decoration the entire month without it going bad.

i had a picture with how-to last week but casn't find it - it showed a carved jack-o-lantern in a big clear plastic bag filled with water - hmmm...never saw such a thing here - but maybe it workes ! who knows ?!?

or this on pumkin preservation -- http://www.mywebsearch.com/jsp/GGma ... S&searchfor=pumpkin+preservation

coat it with vaseline ????

wow !

painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 5, 2005
Making Minion Pumpkins
Making Minion Pumpkins
Fall decoration with pumpkins, gourds, and Indian corn.
Decorating with Pumpkins
pumpkin witch
Crafts Using Pumpkins
Cupcakes decorated as pumpkins.
Making Pumpkin Cupcakes
🎉
🎄