Sudsy Ammonia For Pet Odors

I'd tried everything, including tips from this site and was about to give up and tear out the carpet where my 1 year old silver tabby had sprayed AND peed in the corner of my closet, on my brand new carpet. I thought I'd give it one more shot and poured nearly half a bottle of sudsy ammonia in that entire half of the closet! AND IT WORKED!

No more gagging smell, nothing! And best of all, Sparky has decided that he is done with spraying and peeing inside the house, and he will not even enter that closet at all now!

I placed a table fan blowing on the carpet to dry it and since it is commercial grade, rubber-backed carpet, the whole process took less than a day. I was quite fortunate to not have to go more drastic and replace the carpet squares, and the cat!

SUDSY AMMONIA saved the day for us! Hope this works for someone else, too.

By Terry from Homer, AK

I'm not sure that's such a good idea--everything I have always read/heard is NOT to use anything containing ammonia to clean up after pets because ammonia leaves a smell that they will think is somebody else's urine that they will then want to mark over.

I wondered about this myself (pouring sudsy ammonia) but it might be that the ammonia smell was so overpowering that the cat decided to avoid that location.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Would this take the color out?

Thanks!

Jennifer

Northern Virginia

GOOD FOR YOU GLAD THE SMELL CAME OUT ---- HE MORE THEN LIKELY WONT GO BACK IN THERE . YOU SEE AMMONIA BURNS THEIR NOISE . YOU CAN SPRAY YOUR TRASH CANS WITH IT AND DOGS AND OTHER ANIMALS WONT GET INTO IT . ALSO A LITTLE VICKS VAPO RUB WILL DO THE SAME THING TO KEEP THEM OUTA PLACES THEY SHOULDENT GO AFTER A WHILE YOU WONT SMELL IT BUT THEY STILL CAN .

Sudsy ammonia vs cat pee odors. I have read where ammonia mimics the odor which will attract cats. You may have gotten lucky and over did the spray. If the odor wears off over time you will know for sure! Then too the cat may just not want to go near the toxic fumes again, and knows enough to stay away. Good luck.

I was living on a country farm 10 miles from the nearest town and my car was parked in my garage during the summer and winter. I would start the car, turn on the heat or air conditioner and be overwhelmed by the most atrocious smell ever!! I figured it out eventually... a feral male cat had moved into my garage. He had sprayed on the windshield of my car, which then proceeded to run down into the ventilation system! UGH!! Awful!

I tried washing the car, soap and water or even washing it at a commercial car wash... NOTHING was working! Finally, I thought - if the urine ran down the windshield and dried there, I need to find something to pour down the windshield and allow it to rinse clean! I always had Parson's Sudsy Lemon Ammonia around because I knew it worked great in the house to eliminate pet urine smells and helped to keep the pet from urinating on the spot again.

I got my large jug of Parson's Sudsy Lemon Ammonia and poured it down the whole length of the windshield.... then waited about 2 or 3 minutes and rinsed it with lots of water! This made a huge difference, so I drove to town and purchased 3 additional large bottles of the same product. I poured one down the same way, waited about 20 minutes, then poured the second bottle, rinsed. I waited for it to dry completely and Viola!! NO MORE STENCH!! Yay!!

I highly recommend keeping Parson's Sudsy Lemon Ammonia on hand if you have pets, indoor or out it works very well to eliminate and neutralize pet accidents!! Oh, and I caught the feral cat and relocated him!! No more problems!

Do I have to pour a half a bottle on the spot

Cleaning Toilet With Ammonia
Cleaning With Ammonia
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsAugust 22, 2006
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
A white bottle of household ammonia.
Cleaning Up Spilled Household Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
Washing Dishes With Ammonia
🎄