Cat is Urinating in the Bathtub and Vent

I have an 11 year old cat named Noel. Not too long ago, I got another cat named Mortimer. Noel has since become jealous of Mort and has begun urinating in my daughter's bath tub. Now the plug part of the tub is corroded, and I can't figure out how to get it fixed.

Noel has also stopped using the litter box. She poops right next to it and has started urinating and pooping down the AC vent. When the AC kicks on, all you can smell is cat urine. I've tried to fix the smell with Febreze, etc. but nothing is working. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance!

By Jaci from MO

Answers

If you can get into the AC vent to clean it I suggest using Natures Miracle, available at most pet stores. If you can only pour the product into the vent after the "mistakes" that may improve things in time. Make sure you unplug the AC 1st, and are not wetting any electrical wiring or motors. Be sure it is dry before you start the AC up again. Putting the product in a spray bottle may help.

This is territorial behavior and very common in cats. Be sure you have many areas open to the cats so they can "claim" some territory for their own. Be sure they have access to window sills, top of dressers etc, so they can get up off the floor. It makes them feel secure and confident. Some folks attach shelves to the wall so the cats can climb. Cat trees help too. There is a spray product called Feliway that can be sprayed in a spot (daily or more) and a cat will not soil there again. It also calms cats. My male cat once sprayed in my toaster, I expect the AC smells about the same. I got a new toaster and watched him a lot more closely. Just time helps a lot too. Good luck with your kitties.

A white cat sitting on a couch.
Preventing a Cat from Peeing Everywhere
Pets CatsJune 29, 2011
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
🎉
🎄