KidsParties

Ideas for Face-in-the-Board Photo Props for School Fair

I will be in charge of the photo booth at my child's school fair in a few months. I am looking for ideas for face-in-the-board photo props. These may be something that you've seen done at another event or while you were on vacation. Thank you!

By esptechy from LA

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but, a regular picture taken by a disposable camera can then be taken to Wal Mart one hour processing. The picture is glued onto one of those magnet forms covering the advertising. The child's photo is then in the form of a refrigerator magnet in about an hour.

Oriental Trading Co. has several face-in-the-photo items (different styles). I think they're printed on a heavy vinyl which can be affixed to a doorway.

Another idea is to "google" movie star photo stand-ups and see what you get.

Another idea is to enlist h.s. students in your area to make such a board for you (that's what I did for a Hawaiian luau theme one year). I gave them a magazine photo, they painted the forms on plywood, then cut out spaces for the faces, affixed a stand in the back, and kids/adults just stood behind the forms for their pictures (the kids had to stand on little step stools!).

Hope these ideas help. Good luck. Have fun!

I used a coloring book for simple ideas and enlarged the outline and put it on a cardboard like from one side of an appliance box, clown, teddy bear, sports guy and or girl, fire fighter, super hero. You get the idea. Then I painted them in bright colors and cut out an oval shaped opening for the face. You might need a step stool to get little people high enough for the face to fit into the hole. Hope this helps you!