Removing a Tire from a Rim

I collect aluminum for cash, mostly aluminum cans. I have recently found in the garbage a tire from a car on an aluminum rim. I have no use for the rim, but need to remove the tire in order to cash in the aluminum rim. Does anyone have an easy way to get the tire removed from the rim?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Terri from Kentucky

My cousin would change his own tires when he got a flat. He used a crowbar under the lip and wedged the edge over the rim rotating around the edge to take the tire off.

how about a hatchet?

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceOctober 8, 2006
Checking Your Tire Pressure
Checking Your Tire Pressure
bicycle tire
Removing Tire Stains from Clothing
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
Fixing a flat tire is a relatively easy repair. It is never fun when you go out to ride your bicycle and it has a flat, if you pump it up with air and it continues to lose air, you will need to fix the flat. This is a guide for fixing a flat tire on a bic
Fixing a Flat Tire on a Bicycle
🎄
🍂