Painting Laminate Walls

I was reading all the great updates on laminate counters. Has anyone painted laminate walls? I wasn't sure if the varnish would run on a vertical surface.

Half of my kitchen, the countertop, backslash, wall behind stove and refrigerator, and the wall between upper and lower corner cabinet are all green marble laminate. Oh I forgot the built in table.

It was done by previous owners (looks fine), but 12 years later I'm ready for a change. I would like to get granite counter top (type they have in Home Depot in one standard size), but I don't know how to "fix" all the remaining walls. The table will be cut out and replaced with a regular table. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By JANETK31 from Levttown, NY

Answers

Not sure if you mean to use varnish or paint. I can only comment that when I painted my laminate kitchen cupboard doors with specific laminate paint (sanding first and using a laminate primer) that I was able to remove the doors so I could paint them flat and allow them to dry between coats. But...the end panels on the wall and base cupboards had to be painted vertically as I couldn't (didn't) remove them. I didn't have a problem with paint runs, I suppose if you're careful not to overload a brush/roller it should be fine.

Home and Garden Home Improvement WallsJuly 27, 2009
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
🎄