Browsing: Memory Tips and Tricks

Writing Down What You Need to Remember

When you need to remember something, write it down. The act of writing triggers a different part of the brain than the part that hears, making you twice as likely to remember. (even if you lose the note).

By Linda

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I'm in absolute agreement with you, Linda, and maintain that once written down, my brain is less cluttered and thus free to be more creative.

One of my favourite solutions involves a fat little empty notebook from the dollar store. I add tabs on pages to indicate sections for grocery lists, hardware store purchases to be made, household goods required, books to pick up if I happen to be close to a used book store, and so on. The little book lives beside my wallet, I add notes whenever something occurs to me and take it with me when running errands.

I have to make a to-do list most days. But my problem is misplacing things. Seems the older I get the worse it is. My mind gets cludered and I lay things down around the house. I waste time most days looking for my glasses, cell phone, paperwork and tools if I'm working on something. Very frustrating.

You are not alone, Betty. I think this has more to do with being disinterested than it does with age. Surely there must be mental exercises to help with this problem. I'm going to check it out.

Rose Anne

Ann is a nice name, but rather simple. Add an 'e' to the end, and it instantly becomes regal, sophisticated and classy. Rose Anne...nice!

About your solution...excellent, but it wouldn't work for me. I'd forget the book. Maybe if I wrote in the book to remember to take the book. Think that would work?

Red Ribbon Tied Around Index Finger
Memory Tips and Tricks
Organizing Memory TricksDecember 7, 2004
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
black shopping bag filled with fruit, veggies, and loaves of bread
Remembering Reusable Shopping Bags
Man Writing a Business Proposal
Writing a Business Proposal
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 20, 2016 at 3:15:33 PM on 10.0.1.104 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.