Writing Down What You Need to Remember

When you need to remember something, write it down. The act of writing triggers a different part of the brain than the part that hears, making you twice as likely to remember. (even if you lose the note).

By Linda

I'm in absolute agreement with you, Linda, and maintain that once written down, my brain is less cluttered and thus free to be more creative.

One of my favourite solutions involves a fat little empty notebook from the dollar store. I add tabs on pages to indicate sections for grocery lists, hardware store purchases to be made, household goods required, books to pick up if I happen to be close to a used book store, and so on. The little book lives beside my wallet, I add notes whenever something occurs to me and take it with me when running errands.

I have to make a to-do list most days. But my problem is misplacing things. Seems the older I get the worse it is. My mind gets cluttered and I lay things down around the house. I waste time most days looking for my glasses, cell phone, paperwork and tools if I'm working on something. Very frustrating.

You are not alone, Betty. I think this has more to do with being disinterested than it does with age. Surely there must be mental exercises to help with this problem. I'm going to check it out.

Organizing Memory TricksDecember 7, 2004
Students in a Kindergarten Classroom
Teaching Kindergarten Students
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
Man Writing a Business Proposal
Writing a Business Proposal