Color Bleed on a Dry Clean Only Dress

My daughter has a new dress that only been worn once. I washed the dress not knowing it was dry clean only. In return the red part of the dress bled onto the white collar and I'm not sure how to fix it or if I can. If anyone has a suggestion on how to get the red out of the white collar in a dry clean only dress please let me know.

hicks0909 from Trinity, NC

I've had this happen to some of our clothes. See if you can't scrub the red out of the collar. Try just soap and your fingernail. Then rewash it when its clean in very cold water with about 1/2 a cup of vinegar. This sets the color and it won't run again when you wash it. Good Luck. Sonya

Do you sew or have a friend or family member who does? It might be possible to carefully remove the white collar and soak or wash it in some color remover product. If you can get it white again then resew it to the dress.......and dry clean only after that! That's probably what I would do.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJune 20, 2006
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Pink Wedding Dress
Dyeing a Wedding Dress
Wedding Dress
Removing a Blood Stain on a Wedding Dress
🎄