Choosing Between a Comforter or a Bedspread

Do you prefer a comforter set or a bedspread? I've always had a comforter, but I hate lifting the mattress to put on the bedskirt. Which one do you prefer?

By Onesummer

I hate comforters for the reason of the bed skirt that is required. Also with a bed skirt if your mattress slips a little bit the skirt gets all "kitty-wampus." I guess at my age I am just old fashioned, I also don't like a bunch of decorative pillows on the bed that I have to remove so I can go to bed.

I like a lightweight comforter inside a duvet cover. Since I have a king size bed, washing a thicker comforter would require me to visit a laundromat to get it clean. With the thinner comforter, it fits inside my washer, and then I can wash it and the duvet cover separately. I doubt a king sized bedspread would fit, even in my front loader. As for the dust ruffle, you can omit it if you have a platform bed, or you can snip it off of the fabric that it is usually on and attach it to your box spring using stick on Velcro. That will save having to move the mattress. Good luck on your decision!

I like a quilted bedspread because you get the comfy-ness of a quilt and the length in one (no need for a bed-skirt).

I much prefer a bedspread. I find comforters to be too heavy for the most part and with a bedspread there is no need for a skirt plus I usually like blankets so there is more flexibility with personal comfort

I use a king size comforter on my double bed. It covers like a bedspread and gives me the "cozy", luxurious feeling I like.

Consumer Advice General AdviceAugust 16, 2010
comforter with alarm clock
Fixing a Lumpy Comforter
White Comforter
Refilling a Comforter
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads, Shoulder bag made from recycled chenille bedspread.
Crafts Made from Recycled Bedspreads
End view of rolled comforter.
Make Your Own Comforter Cover