Secrets for a Long and Happy Marriage

contest winner icon

My granddaughter surprised me with a last minute invitation to her wedding. I wanted to give them a special gift and card. The gift was easy, because I always have hand crocheted afghans put away to give for special occasions, but I didn't have time to shop for a special card.

I had been teasing the couple about making their marriage last as long as mine. (51 years tomorrow for Paul and I), so I made her a special card that listed "Secrets for a Long and Happy Marriage." I used a pre-printed paper and a pretty font, and rolled it up and tied it with a pretty ribbon and attached it to the package.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

Editor's Note: Here is a transcription of Harlean's text if you have trouble viewing her image. You can also click on it for a larger version.

Secrets for a long and happy marriage

Choose the one you love then love the one you choose

Hold hands, Hug and Kiss every day and never pass up an opportunity to say, "I love you."

Entering matrimony with the mindset that "divorce is not an option", is vital for the long term success of marriage.

We have the greatest nuptial agreement in the world. It's called LOVE.

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times. . . always with the same person.

Marriage is a bed of roses . . . thorns and all.

Before staring an argument, consider if it's really worth it.

All marriages are happy. It's the living together afterward that causes all the trouble.

Like good wine, marriage gets better with age - once you learn to keep a cork in it.

One of the nicest things you can say to your partner . . . "If I had to do it again, I'd choose you. Again."

This is our top ten list!

That is very nice.

I am going to steal this for a wedding I am attending this summer! Thanks!

I am going to use this for my daughter! Thanks!

Congratulations to the bride and groom of 51 years! We made 49 in April and looking for many more to come.

Sweet! And thanks to the Editor for the transcription of the image. :D

A postscript to my original posting. This is the list that I made a few years ago. We celebrated our 54th year on June 2 2014, and I lost this loving soul mate 6 days later. We had a wonderful 54 years, and he is waiting for me to join him in Heaven, and is now free from pain.

Harlean from Arkansas

Happily Married Couple
Tips for a Successful Marriage
Weddings GiftsJune 6, 2011
Happy Man Using PC Laptop
Keeping Your PC Happy
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Marriage License
Getting a Marriage License
50th Anniversary Centerpiece
50th Anniversary Centerpiece Ideas
🎉
🎄