- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 12 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder OR 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup FINELY crushed peppermint candy (about 11 of the round mints OR about 3 of the 6-inch canes) to sprinkle on top
- Green decorating sugar to sprinkle on top.
Sift flour with baking powder. Combine melted butter with cocoa powder or melted chocolate. Add to eggs along with sugar, salt, and peppermint extract and beat until smooth and creamy. Add flour mixture and cherries. Blend all ingredients except crushed peppermint candy and green decorating sugar. Turn into buttered 9x13x2 inch baking pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candy and green decorating sugar on top immediately after removing from oven.
By Lynn from Chico, CA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 23, 2016 at 11:14:40 PM on 10.0.0.18 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us