Reusing Zip Lock Foil Lined Product Bags

I love zip lock bags. And what better than one that is foil and pretty much moisture proof? Now, I am not touting any brand name "anything". But, I get these cat food bags at the dollar tree. They are great for keeping moist towelettes, emergency first aid items, pet treats, cds/dvds for the kids, and just about anything you don't want to get wet (or in the case of the towels, dry out).

You may want to cross out the names of the products, just so you know it's not trash. The thing I like about this pouch is that you can open the gusset on the bottom and it will stand up, or flatten it out for things that need to slide into smaller places.

By Sandra from Salem OR

Foil Lined Zip Lock Product Bags

They're also great to use for smelly - messy things that you don't want, uncovered in your trash basket.

I thought I was the only one who did this. I love these bags! I take a pair of scissors and cut the foil down to the "zip" then round of the corners so they aren't so...poinky.

We frequent a water park around here and I love these for my back-pack. You can put just about anything in them.

Thanks for the tips.

if you want to "priss them all up" a little contact paper would do the trick !

Well, duh! Wish I had thought of this one. What a great idea!

I use the paper bags that some products come in for my recycled paper stuff. I can just put bag and all in recycling.

I have re-used the plastic liners from cereal boxes, crackers, etc. for several years. Thanks for a way to recycle these bags. I always get good ideas from this site.

Photos OtherAugust 25, 2008
pan lined with foil
Lining a Pan With Aluminum Foil
Southwestern Chicken Breasts
Foil Packet Recipes
roll of foil
Using Aluminum Foil and Plastic Wrap Correctly