Christmas Shopping at the Dollar Stores

Shopping at Christmas has to be the most stressful time of the year for anyone on a budget, spending plan, or other. My tip is this which I borrow from Marlene Alexander in Canada in the Dollar Stretcher under Dollar Stores. Shop for gifts for all at the dollar stores.

You can buy candles and holders of clear lead glass. Plates and glasses to eat and drink from for everyday use. Christmas cards and stamps too. Not postage but stamping with scrapbooking supplies. Gift baskets and stuff like jams to go in them. All can be very well received for a little price of a dollar to five dollars too. Good luck with Christmas shopping in stores like the Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Dollar General, and The Big Family Dollar Store. These are all very good stores to shop in during the holidays they have all we need for the season. Have a Merry Season, and Happy New Years too.

Source: I got shopping ideas on and my own experience in my town as well for shopping during the season.

By Tanya from Moorhead, MN

i have been doing this for years it saves so much money but if you are like me can add up too i went in to make the adorable snowman vase jars that light up and by the time i got all supplies it was like 40 bucks for just that!!! but i do get all my lil girls stocking stuffers there i also buy bears for lil girls presents and dress them up when they have cute outfits there they have different colored ones i bought jars there to make coco jars and add coco and marshmallows and a cute mug there i tie off with a candy cane also for kids that love to craft i buy the baskets there and make craft baskets as gifts!!! you can also find big letters there to paint and make hangings like joy or ho ho ho and embellish with paint and ribbons!!! one year i did a teacher basket as appreciation i got a basket and added stars stickers and reward ceftificates and stuff like that that the teachers usually spend outta pocket they love it!!! i have so many suggestions i could go on and on lol i also went to the thrift the other day some one gave a way a hot coco tin they got and a snowman mug i found both never used i took it home and am packaging for the cross guard the tim cost like 80 cents and mug 1.00 no one will ever know!!!! and it is adorable!!!!

I buy discount when ever I can BUt I must look at ORIGIN of products, due to the massive recalls world-wide.

I had picked up some ornaments to hang around the house recently and when I took them out of the package, there was such a chemical smell that made me choke, I discarded them.

Remember that items do come into our country that have not met safety standards for use around/for our children. Doesn't matter if it is Dollar Store type stores, Walmart, Target, etc. You have to watch and evaluate for your own family.

If thre is any opportunity for a child to touch and get into the mouth, think twice. Even pets get sick this way.

The above is just an example, this happens very often.

Shopping bags of presents
Christmas Shopping Advice
Holidays and Parties Christmas ShoppingDecember 13, 2007
Couple in a grocery store.
Shopping At Ethnic Food Stores
A man holding a dollar.
Shopping at Dollar Stores
Dollar Weed
Getting Rid of Dollar Weed
Discount Grocery Store
Shopping at Discount Grocery Stores