Wildlife: First Robin of Spring

My wonderful husband and I always search for the first "Robin"of Spring. This year is the first year I spotted it, I got lucky ! If you look close in the tree you will see it.

Buffalo winters are long here and so the Robin was a beautiful sight to see!

By Sally from Buffalo, NY

I grew up in northern Illinois and I always wondered where the robins went in the winter. We always heard that they "flew south" for the winter. Now that I live in Florida, I know where they go. Every December my back yard is crowded with robins. I live pretty far down on the southwest gulf coast. They must go somewhere else after stopping here, though, because I never see them other than for a few short days in December. I love seeing them; reminds me of back home, I guess.

Ohio had a pretty hard winter, too - believe me, we really rejoiced when hubby spotted the first robin! We have a robin family that lives in our tree. :D

When I see the blue herons fly over my pond I know spring can't be far. Now I'm awaiting my blue birds and little "hummers" to officially welcome the season!

Photos WildlifeApril 8, 2010
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
Red Robin Chili
Red Robin Copycat Chili Recipe