Painting Steel to Look Like Wood

Category Painting
A paint bucket and paint swatches.
Painting techniques can make metal have a wood grain appearance. This guide is about painting steel to look like wood.

After I painted my home, the ugly furnace returns and metal wall doors to the plumbing destroyed my new look. New ones were too expensive.

I took a wood graining class and painted them to look like wood. They are wonderful. I buy used metal items and woodgrain them. Metal storage units hold more than pressed wood and last longer. When visitors are told my "wood" items are metal, I see them out the corner of my eye examining them to see if they are metal.

By Jill

How do I make steel look like wood?

By Collett from South Africa

Go to - how to Make Steel Look Like Wood I use yahoo, you will get all info you need, good luck.

There is a staining kit sold in hardware stores to do this. You put the stain on and then use the tool provided to imitate the grain of the wood. Then let it dry.

I would like to find out how to make my steel doors look like wooden ones? Where do I go to find out about this? Thank you.

There are wood graining tools that you can buy from a craft store or probably a paint store. Here's a site that that shows you how to use the wood grain tool. If you have Quick Time, there's a video you can watch. Hope this helps. http://www.ugl.  ngrainframe.html

Hi, There are "skins" you can buy at Home Depot that will do the trick. My husband did it to all the metal doors in the house. They have lasted for years.

I want to paint steel to look like wood. How do I start?

By Wilma