Get a Reduction in Rent By Being a Handyman

To get a good deal on an apartment. Offer to do either simple handyman's work or some janitorial work in the evenings or weekends for a reduction in the rent and possibly free rent. My relatives did this for a few years and saved enough for a down payment to buy a four family home.

By Gigi from Florida

I asked the assistant manager at my apartment complex if I could do some small jobs to save some money on rent. She told me that others in the complex asked the same question. Because our complex is owned by a corporation, the employees have to be heavily insured and need to be covered under worker's compensation, and therefore residents cannot do any jobs.

Every complex and apartment are different, so it's worth to ask.

Hubby is doing that by mowing some grass for the landlord at another property. It is restaurant type properties. It is not much but it does help bring down the rent. I myself am trying to get a job as an aid on the school bus for kids it is not much but every penny counts in this day and time.

A two story apartment complex.
Saving Money on an Apartment
Budget & Finance Renting ApartmentJuly 27, 2008
An street with an "Apartment For Rent" sign.
Renting an Apartment
A couple renting a car.
Renting a Car Without a Credit Card
Collecting Rent Money
Collecting Rent from Former Tenant
Sticky note reminder to pay the rent.
Rent Assistance for a Low Income Family
🎉
🎄